Top 10 Home Energy Tip To Save Money
- Wash clothes in cold water to save $63 a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to save up to 10% on cooling and heating costs.
- Use your window shades. Close blinds on the sunny side in summer to keep out the hot sun, and open them in winter to bring in warm rays.
- Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics not in use. A power strip can help turn off multiple items at once. (Sometimes the simplest things are really effective!)
- Change to new and improved light bulbs. Reduce energy use from about a third to as much as 80% with today’s increasing number of energy-efficient halogen incandescents, CFLs and LEDs.
- Look for the Energy Star label, the government’s symbol of energy efficiency, on a wide range of consumer products to save up to 30% on related electricity bills.
- Use low-flow faucets and shower heads to save on water bills.
- Clean or change filters regularly. A dirty furnace or A/C filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool.
- Reduce water heater temperature to 130° F to save energy and money on heating water; and wrap the water storage tank in a specially-designed “blanket” to retain the heat.
- Seal air leaks and properly insulate to save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills, while also increasing home comfort.
Rewards For Customer Referrals
Earn a $50.00 credit on your account each time you refer a NEW propane Customer to Herger Gas and they set a tank at their residence. Just one way Herger Gas says "Thank You" for doing business with us.
$50 reward can only be applied on current customer accounts as a credit for further propane purchases through Herger Gas co. It has no cash value outside of Herger Gas.
1st Yr Tank Rental…………......FREE
System Safety Check……........FREE
Parts and Labor…………...…...FREE
NO CONTRACTS. We want to earn your business for life. Call or email for current price.